|From the kitchen of Angelina Amalfi--
MEXICAN TEA CAKES
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Beat butter and 1/2 cup confectioners sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in
vanilla, then add flour, pecans and salt. Mix until just combined. The batter will be dry.
- Chill covered, overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375o. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15
minutes until pliable. Roll teaspoons of dough into 3/4" balls and arrange about
2" apart on lightly buttered baking sheets.
- Bake 20 min. until bottoms are pale gold. Roll hot cookies in remaining
confectioners sugar, coating well, then transfer to a rack to cool.
- Roll cookies in confectioners sugar again when cooled.